Can you believe it? I have been waiting to be able to finally tag “Day1xx”, and that day is finally here!
I could say something momentous on this occasion. But I’m not sure that’s really necessary — you can imagine that keeping a blog running for 100 weeks with (hopefully!) interesting posts on mathematics, creativity, and art is momentous emough.
But I have been running into a problem: my blog is getting harder to search. For example, I just got five pages of results by searching for “fractal”! So I thought I’d put together an index of all my blog posts, organized by category.
I hope this is of use to newer followers — you might like certain topics better than others, and this way you can easily look at older posts related to the ones you like.
The category a post is listed under is what I consider its primary category — but rarely does a single post only address on topic. But surely this index is a step in the right direction.
And lastly, I would like to thank all my followers for encouraging to keep me going. I get an email every time someone likes or comments — and I appreciate each one. Thanks again!
- Day001, What Is Mathematics?
B. Mathematical and Digital Art
- Day002, Josef Albers and Interaction of Color.
- Day011, Evaporation I.
- Day012, Evaporation II.
- Day015, Geometrical Dissections II: Four to One.
- Day022, Envelopes III: Art and Randomness
- Day029, The Joy of Ink I.
- Day030, The Joy of Ink II.
- Day054, Color I: Opacity and Josef Albers.
- Day055, Color II: Opacity and Josef Albers.
C. Mathematical Puzzles
- Day003, CrossNumber Puzzles.
- Day005, Cryptarithms.
- Day010, ColorSlide Puzzles.
- Day018, Roman Numeral Puzzles.
- Day024, Logic Puzzles I.
- Day025, Logic Puzzles II.
- Day031, Number Searches I.
- Day032, Number Searches II.
- Day109, Beguiling Games I: Nic-Nac-No.
- Day114, Beguiling Games II: Nuh-Uh!
D. Two-Dimensional Geometry
- Day004, Hexominoes and Cube Nets.
- Day014, Geometrical Dissections I.
- Day020, Envelopes I.
- Day021, Envelopes II: Making Spirals.
- Day074, The Ravioli Equation.
- Day106, Polygons.
- Day006, The Problem with Calculus Textbooks.
- Day013, Writing Original Problems.
- Day023, Day093 (reprise), The Problem with Grades.
- Day026, On Grading.
- Day028, International Dodecahedron Day 2016!
F. Koch Curves and Related Topics
- Day007, Creating Fractals.
- Day008, Creating Fractals II: Recursion vs. Iteration.
- Day009, Creating Fractals III: Making Your Own.
- Day027, Creating Fractals IV: Results!
- Day033, New Koch Snowflakes.
- Day062, Koch Curves and Canopies.
- Day065, p-adic Numbers I: When Big is Small.
- Day067, p-adic Numbers II: When Big is Small.
- Day016, On Mathematical Creativity I.
- Day017, On Mathematical Creativity II.
- Day019, Writing a Math Blog.
H. Iterated Function Systems
- Day034, Creating Fractals V: Iterated Function Systems I.
- Day035, Creating Fractals VI: Iterated Function Systems II.
- Day036, Creating Fractals VII: Iterated Function Systems III.
I. Programming and Coding
- Day037, Creating Fractals VIII: PostScript Programming.
- Day058, On Coding I.
- Day060, On Coding II: LISP.
- Day064, On Coding III: LISP to Mathematica.
- Day068, On Coding IV: Mathematica.
- Day075, On Coding V: Postscript.
- Day078, On Coding VI: HTML.
- Day082, On Coding VII: LaTeX I.
- Day085, On Coding VIII: LaTeX II.
- Day092, On Coding IX: Computer Graphics I.
- Day099, On Coding X: Computer Graphics II.
- Day107, On Coding XI: Computer Graphics III, POV-Ray.
J. Mathematics and Art Conferences
- Day038, Bridges: Mathematics and Art I.
- Day049, Bridges: Mathematics and Art II.
- Day050, Vienna! (Symmetry Conference 2016).
- Day053, Bridges: Mathematics and Art III. Jyvaskyla, Finland!
- Day083, Art Exhibition: Golden Section 2017.
- Day105, Bridges 2017 in Waterloo, Canada!
- Day039, Making Movies with Processing I.
- Day040, Making Movies with Processing II.
- Day041, Making Movies with Processing III.
- Day042, Making Movies with Processing IV.
- Day043, Making Movies with Processing V.
- Day044, Making Movies with Processing VI.
- Day108, To Processing I.
- Day110, Using Processing for the First Time.
- Day113, Creating Animated GIFs in Processing.
L. Mathematics and Digital Art Course
- Day045, Mathematics and Digital Art I.
- Day046, Mathematics and Digital Art II.
- Day047, Mathematics and Digital Art III.
- Day048, Mathematics and Digital Art IV.
- Day057, Digital Art I: End of Week 2 (Fall 2016).
- Day059, Digital Art II: End of Week 4 (Fall 2016).
- Day061, Digital Art III: End of Week 6 (Fall 2016).
- Day063, Digital Art IV: End of Week 8 (Fall 2016).
- Day066, Digital Art V: End of Week 11 (Fall 2016).
- Day069, Digital Art VI: End of Week 14 (Fall 2016).
- Day071, Digital Art VII: Final Projects! (Fall 2016).
- Day072, Digital Art VIII: The End (Fall 2016).
- Day081, Mathematics and Digital Art: Update 1 (Spring 2017).
- Day086, Mathematics and Digital Art: Update 2 (Spring 2017).
- Day090, Mathematics and Digital Art: Update 3 (Spring 2017).
- Day094, Mathematics and Digital Art: Final Update (Spring 2017).
- Day112, Mathematics and Digital Art: Update 1 (Fall 2017).
M. Guest Bloggers
- Day051, Guest Blogger: Geoffrey Owen Miller, I.
- Day052, Guest Blogger: Geoffrey Owen Miller, II.
- Day096, Guest Blogger: Percival Q. Plumtwiddle, I.
- Day097, Guest Blogger: Percival Q. Plumtwiddle, II.
- Day056, Celebrating One Year!
- Day070, Imagifractalous! 1: How it all began.
- Day073, Imagifractalous! 2: p-adic sequences.
- Day077, Imagifractalous! 3: Fractal Binary Trees.
- Day087, Imagifractalous! 4: Fractal Binary Trees II.
- Day088, Imagifractalous! 5: Fractal Binary Trees III.
- Day089, Imagifractalous! 6: Imagifractalous!
- Day103, Imagifractalous! 7: Fractal Binary Trees IV.
P. What is a Geometry?
- Day076, What is a Geometry?
- Day079, What is…Taxicab Geometry?
- Day084, What is…Spherical Geometry?
- Day091, What is…Inversive Geometry?
- Day095, More on: What is…Inversive Geometry?
- Day101, What is…Projective Geometry?
- Day102, More on: What is…Projective Geometry?
- Day104, Still more on: What is…Inversive Geometry?
Q. Miscellaneous Mathematics
R. Bay Area Mathematical Artists
- Day 111, Bay Area Mathematical Artists, I.